Below is a copy of our current tour newsletter. To subscribe to our newsletter, absolutely free of charge, please click here.
Tour Newsletter Dated January 18, 2021
Dear Vacations To Go Customer,COVID-19 vaccinations are underway in the U.S., Canada and other countries and will increase dramatically in the coming months. The chief science advisor of Operation Warp Speed, the U.S. government's expedited search for development and delivery of a vaccine, has said that every American who wants a vaccine will be able to get one by June. Health officials in Canada have said that all Canadians who want a vaccine will receive one by September.
The vaccine rollout marks the turning point in the battle against COVID-19 and the global travel industry is finally on a sure path to reopening. That reopening will take months to play out and will likely occur on a country-by-country basis. We will let you know when other countries' travel bans are removed.
In the meantime, we are here to help with your vacation planning. Please note that anyone holding a future travel credit from a cancelled tour is able to apply that credit to any tour with the same company booked through Vacations To Go, regardless of whether the original tour was booked through Vacations To Go.
This week, I'll tell you about some fantastic tours of the Mediterranean. These itineraries reveal the history, art, cuisine and traditions of cities and towns in Italy, France, Greece, Croatia and more.
Mediterranean Flavors, 14 days with Cosmos -- This itinerary skims the coasts of Spain, France and Italy, stopping to explore destinations such as Barcelona, Marseille, Nice, Venice and the cliff-hugging villages of the Cinque Terre.
Country Roads of France, 16 days with Insight -- Explore France's Champagne and Burgundy regions, visit the picturesque lakeside town of Annecy, stroll Nice's riverfront promenade and discover medieval fortified towns. Cap off your trip with sightseeing in Paris.
Spanish Fiesta, 14 days with Globus -- Join a tour that circles through Spain, starting in Madrid, where you'll visit the world-class Prado Museum. See the site of the "running of the bulls" on Calle Estafeta in Pamplona, visit the Sagrada Familia Basilica in Barcelona and see Alhambra Palace in Granada.
Mediterranean Highlights, 13 days with Trafalgar -- A route through Spain, France, Monaco and Italy offers guided sightseeing and free time in destinations like Barcelona and Florence. Shop for local specialties at a Provencal market and enjoy a traditional Tuscan meal at a farmhouse surrounded by olive groves and vineyards.
Ultimate Italy, 12 days with Luxury Gold -- Special experiences await on this itinerary, including a private visit to the Sistine Chapel, a wine tasting in San Gimignano and an authentic culinary masterclass in Tuscany. Enjoy overnight stays in cities like Rome, Capri, Florence and Venice.
Highlights of Greece with 3-Day Aegean Cruise, 8 days with Costsaver -- This adventure takes you from the heart of ancient empires to the Greek Isles' sun-kissed shores. Enjoy guided sightseeing in Athens, Delphi and Meteora before embarking on a 3-night cruise to Mykonos, Santorini and Kusadasi.
Spotlight on the French Riviera, 9 days with Collette -- The French city of Nice serves as home base for this vacation, where guests take guided excursions of the surrounding area. Visit a seaside palazzo in St. Jean-Cap-Ferrat, for example, and learn the secrets of perfume making at the Fragonard Perfumerie.
Captivating Croatia and Montenegro, 12 days with Luxury Gold -- Visit iconic landmarks and hidden gems on this trip to stunning Adriatic cities. Discover Dubrovnik's rich heritage, see how oysters are harvested and marvel at the cascades of Plitvice Lakes National Park.
A Sicilian Odyssey, 10 days with Tauck -- Roam the Mediterranean's largest island and discover medieval hilltop towns and waterfront cities. Here you'll visit Greek temples, dine at a family-owned winery and see the Sicilian Baroque UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Noto and Ragusa Ibla.
12 Day Albania, Montenegro, Croatia & Slovenia, 12 days with Gate 1 Travel -- This itinerary showcases four Eastern Mediterranean countries. Tour Shkodra, one of Albania's oldest cities, and Durmitor National Park in Montenegro, filled with pine forests and lakes. Dubrovnik, Croatia, is a beautiful walled city, while Bled Castle is the oldest fortress in Slovenia, dating to the 11th century.
Here are this week's Top 10 Tours. All prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and subject to availability.
1) Italian Intermezzo, 8 days with Insight. Begins in Milan and ends in Rome. Save 10%, plus receive an additional $200 per couple discount. Starting at $2,335. Departures from April 18 through October 10, 2021.
2) Mystical Ireland, 8 days with CIE Tours. Begins and ends in Dublin. Companion flies for free. Starting at $1,645. Departures from June 10 through October 16, 2021.
3) Canyon Country Showcase, 12 days with Costsaver. Begins and ends in Las Vegas. Starting at $1,800. Departures from April 15 through September 2, 2021.
4) Great Iberian Cities, 9 days with Trafalgar. Begins in Barcelona and ends in Lisbon. Save 10%. Starting at $1,926. Departures from May 16 through October 3, 2021.
5) European Sampler, 9 days with Globus. Begins in Amsterdam and ends in Paris. Save 10%. Plus, receive an additional $200 per couple discount off airfare. Starting at $2,599. Departures from April 24 through October 9, 2021.
6) Pacific Northwest Splendor, 9 days with American Queen Steamboat Company. Travels between Vancouver, WA and Clarkston or Spokane. Save $1,000 per couple. Starting at $2,699. Departures from April 18 through November 14, 2021.
7) Exploring Greece and Its Islands, 15 days with Collette. Begins and ends in Athens. Save up to $700 per couple. Starting at $3,499. Departures from March 28 through October 17, 2021.
8) Peru Explorer, 9 days with Alexander+Roberts. Begins and ends in Lima. Save $1,000 per couple. Starting at $4,249. Departures from March 19 through October 15, 2021.
9) Cultural Treasures of Japan, 14 days with Collette. Begins in Tokyo and ends in Kyoto. Save up to $700 per couple. Starting at $4,699. Departures from March 14 through November 28, 2021.
10) French Vogue, 10 days with Luxury Gold. Begins in Paris and ends in Nice. Save 10%, plus receive an additional $300 per couple discount. Starting at $4,945. Departures from April 24 through October 9, 2021.
Vacations To Go